1. Who should control the local public schools?
The local Public
2. Do you support a voucher system, where tax payers can send their child and their tax dollars to a school of their choice, whether it be public, private, charter or home schooling?
I do support a Voucher System. I would look to see if
taxpayer dollars could go to a school of their choice whether it be public, private, charter or home schooling.
3. Who should control gun carry and ownership laws?
In New Hampshire, it should be our state along with the US Government as per the State and US Constitutions.
4. What will be your highest priority if you are elected?
Self Accountability – To keep myself accountable to what needs to be done for NH citizens with services, protections and fair and just taxes. We do not need a tax for everything we do.
5. Do you believe that illegal aliens should have the right to government welfare programs?
No, they should not. That is controlled by the US
6. Do you believe in the legalization of gambling?
7. Do you believe a governor must read a bill fully and thoroughly before voting on it?
That depends on the size & pages. One person’s interpretation is not enough, that is why a Governor has a staff.
8. Do you support term limits?
We already have term limits.
9. Should New Hampshire's tax structure be changed and how?
This question takes more than a short sentence to answer.
10. Who's choice should it be on if smoking is allowed in a restaurant?
It is the Government’s place to protect its’ citizens. I voted for the smoking ban in order to protect children and workers from 2nd and 3rd hand smoke in the working place.
11. Where exactly is New Hampshire's government currently spending too much?
Not enough room here to give a quick reply.
12. Would you support a law that mandates teaching both creationism as well as evolution as theories in my public school science classes?
I would need to see how the mandate reads as I would in all laws and mandates.
13. Do you support a progressive form of taxation or a flat form of taxation?
I was interested in the flat tax as presented in the last Presidential Election.
14. Do you support New Hampshire's lack of helmet laws for adults over 18 years of age?
15. Do you support the health care reform bill and if not what type of bill would you support?
I support affordable Health Care for all US citizens. Full service for all honorably discharged US Veterans.
16. Would you support New Hampshire refusing to follow any portion of the upcoming health care regulation beginning to take effect this year, including the 10% federal tanning tax?
As it is currently written, YES.
17. Were you a supporter of NH HCR6, a resolution affirming state's rights based on Jeffersonian principles?
Unlike that of the other candidates in this race, go to my voting record in the NH House. I believe if you check my voting record, I voted for HCR6. I was on the committee and heard testimony both pro and con.
18. Would you support a bill removing the requirement that law enforcement be used as detail officers for construction on public ways? The alternative may be the use of flag men.
Having worked for NH DOT, I know there are regulations to mandate law enforcement on some highways.
19. Do you support SB464, a bill making permanent a speed limit for boats on New Hampshire's largest lake, Lake Winnipesaukee?
Again, check my voting record. I did vote against the speed limit.
20. Would you support a bill preventing any portion of funds collected from the registration of OHRV's from ever being placed into the general fund, keeping the funds solely for the maintenance and improvement of the NH trail system?
As I have stated before, I am not for all kinds of money being put into the General Fund. This also includes fuel tax and toll monies.
21. What do you think is our most pressing family/social issue? (defense of marriage act, abortion etc.) What will you do to address it?
An unfair Justice System that gets Federal money and condemns Fathers and takes them out of the lives of their children in most cases. I believe that parental notification should happen in possible abortion cases. Both parents should be included in a child’s life unless one parent is abusive or dangerous.
22. How do you view our constitution, as a fluid or absolute document?
Both the US & State Constitutions can be changed. So, they are fluid, BUT, once they are written, they become an absolute document.
23. Would you consider yourself pro-choice or pro-life?
In the case of rape, incest, & medical need of the mother. “Pro choice” in the case as a form of birth control “Pro Life”.
24. Would you support a bill providing amnesty to illegal aliens already living in the United States?
Aliens are generally from outer space, Sooo, I’m not sure how to even chat with them. Illegal immigrants are Illegal!
25. Do you believe the stimulus bill is working and how?
Again, there is no quick answer to this question. Time will tell us all if it worked. Consider this thought from former President Ronald Reagan: “Anything earned fast, is lost fast”.